Did you know we can do Mirena Insertions/Removal here?
Please advise us at the time of booking if an appointment is for Mirena Insertions.
These require a consultation with Dr Azra Potapov first before the procedure. (Bulk Billed with Medicare Card)
$100 out of pocket with Medicare Card Card
$190 if no Medicare Card
1. Highly Effective – It has an efficacy rate of more than 99% in preventing pregnancy and is one of the most effective forms of birth control.
2. Convenient – It lasts for up to 5 years but you can remove it any time before that if you like.
3. Reversible – You can try to conceive as soon as Mirena is removed and there is no delay in fertility.
4. Minimises periods – Mirena can be used as an effective option to manage heavy periods.
5. Oestrogen free – Mirena is a progestogen only contraception and is used commonly in people who have intolerance or side effects with oestrogen containing products.
Mirena prevents pregnancy by:
Mirena does not prevent STIs so it is recommended to still use barrier methods if you are concerned about contracting STI. For women who have never had children, Mirena insertion is still an option and Dr. Potapov will do an assessment to determine if insertion can be done in our rooms or not.
Mirena is only one of the many contraception options. If you are not sure what is right for you, our doctors would be happy to discuss the options available so you can find a contraception that is right for you.
Mirena is an intrauterine device (IUD) that releases a small amount of hormone inside the uterus. It is made of soft and flexible plastic and offers effective contraception that last for up to 5 years. Mirena has been a very popular form of birth control as it has a number of benefits:
Shop 5, 82 Meadowlands Road, Carina Queensland 4152, Australia
1300 RING GP (1300 746 447)
Copyright © 2018 Meadowlands Medical - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy